Friday 2 August 2013

No man is an island

No man is an island –Hugh Grant about a boy, what a wise actor he is J
Anyways todays topic is going solo but not down in alcapolco – No,. . . . going solo is never something I have done.
Throughout my life I have been surrounded by good people, funny people, sick people , kind people, loving people. Every single kind of person and I give them the gift of knowing life can be tough and shit and they are lucky they don’t have mine. No I’m kidding I have been surrounded by people that have made my journey so far amazing., have supported me, have made me laugh, have made me ever so thankful to be part of their lives.
I put on my facebook the other day something along the line of, ‘it’s not always those you have known the longest who shine the brightest in your life’. I have been so very fortunate within my life, I grew up with a strong, loving, caring and dark humoured family.
I grew up with great, understanding, funny, caring, looked out for me and above all funny friends. I plan to spend the next few days giving insight into the amazing people around me.
I have been very lucky to have been in two long term relationships in  my life(growing up with CF I never thought I would ever find someone who could love me with my flaws and all – I know sounds a bit dramatic, but who wants to live with someone who spend half their time doing medication and the other half coughing up “great balls of fire” no I mean phlegm) – obviously the second far exceeds the first but the first taught me a lot, let me know what to expect and I was accepted into both families.
Growing up with CF I never had trouble with friends, I was loud mouthed, I didn’t often stand back if others were bullied and I got myself into a bit of havoc for that reason.
One of my oldest friends is a boy, he knows who he is, we met at 9 and he took the primary three’s lives upside down with his information on sex. . . . and ladies and gents and everything. I remember asking him to go to the shops not long after he joined our school and from that day on we spent a whole lot of time together .
We both grew up in what is often thought of as an affluent area of Glasgow but we both had in common that neither of our families were minted. We had a common love for food, mine sweets his cakes.
We spent days eating and making videos and generally sitting around. His family were great to me, apart from his brother who once opened the door to me looked at my outfit then closed the door in my face whilst stating ‘oh god’.
 Yes indeed even back then my dress sense was a little distorted and different it makes me laugh now that I stood a further five minutes in the other side of the door before knocking again.
His sister was and is still very beautiful and I learnt all I knew about straightening my hair from her (using a clothes iron, well before GHD’s arrived).
He was/is  my best friend, he got me a teddy every year for my bday, he made me feel incredibly awkward after Sunday dinner at his by telling me I had to leave but I didn’t want to, he was a compulsive liar and I still love the bones of him to this very day.
He never failed in making me laugh and he helped set the bar in what I would later look for in a partner –someone who would make me laugh.
He had a very dark sense of humour and I swear when you have a terminal illness the one gift you can be given is the gift of a sense of humour in the darkest side of life, if you cant laugh about death when you are often facing it then you are what I like to call F_____.
He would never dream of offering me sympathy which I love about him and he is also one of the few people who I truly truly look for for honesty. Even though I don’t see him so often he still makes me smile. The other year he sent me a black patch for clothes it stated “fuck you , you fucking fuck” he said seeing as it was black I could wear it to my mac job, it made me giggle a whole lot.

 He is now following his dreams, and I’m sure he will come up in many blogs but to this day he is still one of the top three gentlemen in my life  . . . Mark Young I’s love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment