Thursday 11 July 2013

And welcome readers

So in September 2012 I posted this to facebook :
ello everyone, 

It's taken me a while to come to this decision but I wanted to share this with you now as I have had some months to think about it and mull it over. Three months ago I was told the words "You have the beginnings of chronic rejection" also nown as BOS I beleive, and by heck did it floor me.

Blubbering wreck of a usual happy smiley me set in and for the first few days I really struggled. See I dont know about you guys, but those words are the words that mean the end of the line to me. They made me assume the very worst and made me panic that I wasn't ready yet.
How wrong was I?
On investigating, talking, researching and speaking with docs I have found that indeed they do not mean the end of the line. My lung function is still a very nifty 103% and I'm still full of life.
It means I have to be extra diligent but my lungs haven't deteriorated at all. My initial drop happened last February and since I haven't had anything but they only CT scanned me a couple of months ago.
So heres the story so far, I didn't want to tell the TX community as i didn't want pity, I didn't want anyone to think my fight was done and I think thats because I felt it had at FIRST.
But now I am looking at it as a kick up the backside, we are all aware that TX doesn't last forever, but it gives us time to spend with those who matter most doing what we have dreamed of.

And I know I am very fortunate, I am almost three years down the line and have had the most amazing experiences and met the most wonderful people.

I guess I'm posting this because there will be others getting told this news and I want to save them the drama queen or king episode. Chronic rejection like everything else is only a name, its now up to me what I make of it .

To some this isnt an ideal way of finding out and I totally understand that, but if I sit you down and tell you it would only seem more dramatic and I'm way over that crap.

A new chapter has began and I'm excited to see where it will take me.

Thanks guys xx
Isn't facebook the bizz just for spilling this kinda melodramatic story line.

No comments:

Post a Comment