Saturday 20 July 2013

Chapter two or three or somewhere

Currently I type this as we are driving through wooded beautiful greenery and quaint handmade signposts not far from a place called Limousin.
I have to say leaving GRez Sur Loing was difficult, we had a great fortnight there and stayed a lot longer than intended . It was a real experience bouldering outside and COMPLETELY different from inside. But minus the bruises (and there are a hell of a lot) I think my bouldering outside has come along nicely.
Before we left we couldn’t quite decide wether to pack another bike, lack of space meant DOugs stayed quiet and we never did pack a second bike (Ofcourse DOugie has his packed) so I had been looking into folding bikes and prices.
Yesterday I made a great deal with Dougs, I would drive him to his bouldering spot and I would go shopping. I have been consistently good in the shops, no space for much more without it becoming a bit overcrowded with Kirsty stuff and I actually packed pretty well.
However, I seen a fold up bike in the Carrefour, I went to meet Dougs, dabbled and completed yes sireee 5 bouldering problems and we wenmt and got the bike.
Today Dougie and I sorted out the van to get the bike in the back and it fitted.
So I am now the proud owner of a fold up bike, all I need now are some pink stickers, ribbons and artificial flowers to place round the pannier rack.
It’ll be the pinkest looking bike out, just had a brain wave GLITTER SPRAY!!!!
I’ll post some pics of it looking boring but still cute.
So our next chapter has begun. So far we are under budget, not by much (as I like to buy good food seeing as I am mainly cooking, all credit to Dougs, he wants to but I prefer doing it) but we are, so lets see how this week goes. We haven’t eaten out yet, but I’m not really bothered as I enjoy our little meals outside at our foldable chairs (thanks Owen) our bend in the middle table (it’s not meant to do that) and under our awning.
I should take the opportunity to thank two very very special ladies. Meg Harvey spent her week off sewing, cleaning, getting stuck in to making our van a real home. And to Annette my mummy, who sent us away with a big bag of goodies. It did pretty well we still have our mushy peas and our ravioli left.


No comments:

Post a Comment